Who We Serve
A first phase of orthodontic treatment usually occurs when some baby teeth are still present. Some of the reasons that Phase 1 treatment may be appropriate for your child are:
- Prevent an orthodontic problem from developing
- Prevent teeth from becoming impacted in the jaws
- Guide growth and development of the face, jaws, and teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits such as thumb-sucking or finger-sucking
- Lower the risk of trauma to the front teeth
- Improve appearance
Adolescents & Teens
Adolescents and teens are usually at an ideal age for full orthodontic treatment, and this can be one of the best times to start!
Some of the benefits of treatment for adolescents and teenagers are:
- This can be a great age to make positive esthetic changes, increase self-esteem, and gain confidence
- Most or all of the permanent teeth are present, which can help keep treatment efficient
- Treatment may include taking advantage of a growth spurt
- Many peers start their orthodontic treatment at this age making it a more positive experience
People of all ages can benefit from orthodontic treatment and healthy teeth can be moved at any age! Adults are seeking orthodontic treatment for a variety of reasons.
These are some of the most common reasons adults choose orthodontic treatment:
- Adult orthodontic treatment can be a great way to improve your esthetic appearance and help give you the confidence to show your best smile!
- Teeth in a proper bite can help prevent unusual wear of the teeth and can contribute to overall health of the teeth, jaws, muscles, and joints.
- Straight teeth can make it easier to maintain excellent brushing and flossing habits.
Working With Your Dentist
- Your dentist may recommend you see an orthodontist for a variety of reasons – from improving the health of your teeth and gums to proper tooth positioning for restorations. We will work closely with your general dentist or specialist to help you achieve your best smile!